Philately Journey to Vellore

Philatelic Journey to Vellore:

                 Part-1

I went to Vellore on 07.12.2022 & 08.12.2022. In my lesiure
 time I visited important post office in Vellore city.

I visited Vellore Fort Post office on 07.12.2022. In this post office have Permanent Pictorial cancellation of  Vellore Fort.
Vellore Fort- Inbuilt old Post Box. 

 Inside view of the Vellore Post Office building. 
Permanent Pictorial Cancellation of Vellore Fort  image of photo were hanged over on the wall.


I got PPC cancellation of Vellore Fort
 Big size cancellation. 
Very nice clear cancellation 
Commemorative stamps issued for 200 years celebration of Vellore Mutiny in 2006. In this stamps depcited Mutiny & Vellore fort


 2. And I went to Christian Medical collage Hospital ( CMCH) , Vellore . Actually Vellore fort post office opposite side is CMCH

In this campus ,I seen two post boxes . 
I taken selfie with one post box.

In CMCH inside one small post office.
 In this post office have  permanent pictorial cancellation of CMCH . Postal Department commemorated stamp  to CMCH in the year of  2000 .   That stamp photo image was enlarged and were hanged over on the wall inside  of CMCH Post office  .
In the CMCH post office have PPC.
 I got that PPC for my collection.
It is a very big size PPC.

 Commemorated to Vellore CMCH founder IDA SCUDDER madam by the  Special cover. 

Actually Vellore Fort post office to CMC post office is a walkable distance. Its 3 minutes away from Vellore Fort Post office.


I went to Vellore Fort on 08.12.2022.

Commerative stamp issued for Vellore Fort in 1984


Vellore Fort- My Stamp


This fort inside have a Government Museum. Under the control of the Tamilnadu Government. 




In this museum displayed the Indian stamps , India FDC and foreign stamps on 4 frames.

  

Indian old currencies notes were also displayed in one wooden glass box

In this fort inside another special one is 150 years heritage Church . In this church gate near one post box were hanged over on the wall.

Mr.Tamilvanan sir is very eminent Philatelist in the Vellore district .  So I talked  him over the  phone , how to go this above all places. He fully guided to me ,so easily I visited to this all places.
        We meet @ Chennai coin     society exhibition on 09.04.2022.

I most thanks to Mr.Tamilvannan sir for guide to this Philatelic Journey in Vellore city .

  But I can't directly meet Mr.Tamilvanan sir, due to his health issue. Really I am unlucky to see that eminent Philatelist. 

  Anyway my Philatelic Journey to Vellore  is very nice.
               Thank you 

Above Philatelic information uploaded into the blog in the month of December 2022 . 

And i updated following information on 11.02.2024.

         Part-2
Last month( January 2024),  i sent  Special cover  to Mr.Tamilvanan , Eminent Philatelist, Vellore.
      That special cover commemorated the  Vellore Head Post office Building for  Golden Jubilee year celebration.

       In this special cover i additionaly affixed vellore vorrees college , vellore Christian Medical college stamps & The Vellore Mutiny stamps.

 And i requested him,  get PPC of   CMCH & Fort on this cover related post office. As per my request, he got two PPC in this related Post office on the same date on this special cover.

     Beautiful Vellore multiple
       combination on single
              special cover 
Vellore H.P.O to CMCH just  1.5kms only. By walk 20 minutes only.

 I received this beautiful cover from Mr Tamilvanan sir on 10.11.2024 through registered post.

Above My Philatelic journey to Vellore was completed after 1 year 2 months with the co-ordination of Mr.Tamilvanan sir.

I hope you all like this Philatelic Journey.

Anybody like this Philatelic journey,give your comments in my blogger account 

Thank you. 

By C.Madhavan

mmmstamps
Madurai MAPNA Madhavan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

India Postal Barcode Labels

Eminent Philatelists on Special covers

Philatelic Journey to Newdelhi