Philatelic Journey to Ooty

Ooty (short for Udhagamandalam) is a resort town in the Western Ghats mountains, in southern India's Tamil Nadu state. Founded as a British Raj summer resort, it retains a working steam railway line. Its 55-acre Government Botanical Garden lies on the slopes of Doddabetta Peak.
Ooty, popularly known as the Queen of Hill Stations is adorned with beautiful mountains, lakes, gardens and forests all around. 
I went to Ooty in 3rd time on 08.05.2024 & 09.05.2024.
1st day I visited coonoor Sub Post office. In this post office have a Permanent Pictorial Cancellation of Nilgiri Mountain train. I got this Permanent Pictorial Cancellation on Miniature sheet of Railway workshop. 

Beauty of this Miniature sheet have Diesel Engine & Electric Train Engine.  Additionally i got Steam Engine PPC on this miniature sheet. Totally 3 types of Train Engine in this miniature sheet
Coonoor Post office 

And I went to Ooty Head post office. Really I was very surprised about post office building architecture.It is Heritage Building. It was built by British.
Udagamandalam HPO commemorative stamps 
Actually this Post office situated in Niligiri District collector office complex.

In this post office have a Permanent Pictorial Cancellation of TODA's hut temple . I got this Permanent Pictorial Cancellation  on Kurunji Flower miniature sheet.

PPC of TODA's Hut temple 

I got above 2 various cancellations of Niligiri District in one post card on same dated.

I met TODA's people in their living place on the 2nd day. 
TODA's Hut Temple

TODA's Traditional mini House 

TODA's ladies mainly doing Hand made Embroidery works in cloth. It is very famous in India. 
Indian Postal Department commemorated Two stamps & one special cover.


I stayed in Tamilagam Guest House. In this guest house front side post box were installed with proper safety shed above the Post box. It is protect from Sunlight & Rain.

  
This Philatelic journey to Ooty , I so much liked. I think you also be like.
I will meet you with another Philatelic Journey. 
Thank you
By
C.Madhavan, Philatelist, Madurai.
mmmstamps.

Enter your comment in below comment box.



Comments

  1. Superb description covering the philatelic dots at Udhagamandalam. 💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sir, for your encouraged of my Philatelic Journey.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

India Postal Barcode Labels

Eminent Philatelists on Special covers

Philatelic Journey to Newdelhi